Stalag III A in Luckenwalde

The main camp (Stalag) III A for prisoners of war in Luckenwalde, located south of Berlin, was the largest in Military District III (Berlin and Brandenburg). Around 200,000 prisoners from over ten warring nations passed through the Stalag. Soon after Italy's armistice with the Allies in September 1943, some 16,000 Italian prisoners of war arrived in Luckenwalde. Most of them were quickly dispersed to other camps and used for forced labour.

error: Content is protected !!
en_GBEnglish (UK)