Aircraft Manufacturing Plant in Hakenfelde

In 1936, the Reich Aviation Ministry commissioned construction of the Hakenfelde Aircraft Manufacturing Plant (LGW) in Berlin-Spandau. Siemens hired the architect Hans Hertlein to build it by 1942. After completion, the factory was used to manufacture on-board equipment for the Luftwaffe's aircraft, in particular measurement, regulation and control technology. In December 1942, around 8,000 people worked at the LGW, including almost 1,700 forced labourers. Siemens expected a 45 percent increase in the number of foreign workers in 1943. The workers were housed in 19 camps in Spandau. The factory was closed down after the war and now serves as a shopping centre, among other things.

error: Content is protected !!
en_GBEnglish (UK)