The Haselhorst concentration camp

Haselhorst is an area in the Berlin district of Spandau, situated right next to the Siemens company grounds. The Haselhorst-Nord residential camp on Paulsternstrasse was built as a forced labour camp in 1940 but served as a concentration camp beginning in 1944. The camp reached its maximum capacity in January 1945, when it held more than 2,400 people. This made it the largest subcamp of the Sachsenhausen concentration camp. The grounds were completely destroyed during massive bomb attacks on 28 March 1945.

The Haselhorst-Süd residential camp at Nonnendammallee no. 128 was built in 1942 as a forced labour camp for 900 women.

error: Content is protected !!
en_GBEnglish (UK)